I absolutely LOVE burpees. I get pumped and VERY excited when I know they are in the workout of the day (WOD). In order to prepare for class, I will even wear my YAY burpee socks and my I LOVE burpees T-shirt. I know that I am one of the few people who actually like and enjoy this movement, but it wasn’t always that way.
When I find something a bit challenging and hard, rather than shy away from it, I make it my mission to love it and work hard to get better at it. In life, we tend to avoid the things that make us uncomfortable. But if things don’t challenge us they won’t change us. Ultimately, we want to push ourselves to be the best we can be, both mentally and physically. So next time you think something is hard, don’t avoid it; do the opposite and attack it with a positive mental attitude (PMA). If we change the way we think or look at something and go into it with a PMA, you’d be amazed at how easy things can be and what you can achieve!
So don’t let burpees get the best of you, you get the best out of your burpees!
Breaking down the burpee: One of the many reason, I love burpees is because they help condition your entire body. This movement helps develop strength, explosive power, and anaerobic endurance. PLUS it can be easily incorporated into any workout!
To perform a Burpee with a push-up:
- Begin standing
- Squat down with your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Jump your feet back, while simultaneously lowering yourself into the bottom portion of a push-up, arms and elbows in.
- Push-up off the floor and jump forward, immediately returning to your squat position.
- Jump up out of your squat position, arms over head or clap your hands!
- Repeat, moving as fast as possible.
WOD: Now, how about completing 100 burpees for time?!?!?
Post your times below!!
My best time was 4:58 🙂